The responsible body and the rights of those affected
Your privacy is important to us. It is our policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across the Website, and other sites we own and operate. We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used.
We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. What data we store, we’ll protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We don’t share any personally identifying information publicly or with third-parties, except when required to by law.
Our Website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
Your continued use of our Website will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us.
You can request, at any time and free of charge, information about your data stored by us, and can exercise your right to the correction, blockage or deletion of your data. To this end, you can make use of the previously mentioned contact options.
Should you object to the acquisition, processing or utilization of your data by the Data controller in keeping with the stipulations of these data-protection provisions, whether entirely or for individual measures, you can send your objection per e-mail or by letter again using the previously mentioned contact options.
The Website is not designed for children under 16, therefore, we would like to ask individuals under 16 not to provide any personal data to the Data controller. If we identify personal data of children under 16, we will take all measures aimed at deleting them without undue delay.
Acquisition, processing and utilization of person-specific data
Person-specific data describes details relating to the actual or personal relationships of a specific or identifiable natural person. Such details include, for example, your name, your telephone number, your address, and all existing data that you disclose to us during registration and when opening your customer account.
The website uses the following parts which appear with the web forms:
1. Contact form (also known as “Get a quote”). It serves for visitors to leave their contact information, along with a message (inquiry), in order to get in touch with the Data controller. All the fields within this form are mandatory: Name, Company, Country, Email, Message. The contact form also requires further confirmations:
- Advanced Anti-SPAM check via reCaptcha plugin.
- Once the contact form is submitted, all the data, along with additional data (such as timestamp, IP address, …):
- Is stored in the Website’s database;
- Is sent via email to the Data controller’s sales department and also to the person who filled and submitted the inquiry;
- Is sent to the visitor’s email, resp. To the person, who filled and submitted the contact form, as a confirmation of the submitted inquiry.
2. TCO calculator. It serves for visitors to compare various vans with the Voltia Van, the product of the Data controller, as for the total cost of ownership. This form does not collect any person-specific data, which would allow the identification of the visitor. The form rather asks for visitor’s needs, requirements, expectations and driving behavior information, which is then evaluated in the results provided after submission. Data is sent, but not stored for any further usage.
The TCO calculator cooperates with the standalone API service performed by the Data controller. API consumes the submitted data, provides analysis, evaluation and comparison, running specific formulas and finally sends its results back to the Website. The displayed results for visitors are strictly informative and the Data controller does not provide any kind of warranty. API is hosted by a separate hosting provider, uses its own database and system, though the TCO calculator is connected only to the reserved, non-public API layer (based on the API request / response). API logs every request and stores the submitted data in its own database, along with additional information, such as a timestamp, language version, IP address, session ID. Storing the mentioned data allows the Data controller to analyze and improve the TCO calculator.
3. Login form, located on the related subdomain service.voltia.com. It serves for login into the dedicated and restricted zone of the Website, namely the page related to “Spare parts”, specific for service partners of the Data controller. The restricted zone offers further technical documentation for download. After successful login, the logged in service partner needs to confirm the “Disclaimer” agreement in order to continue. In case the “Disclaimer” is not confirmed, the service partner is automatically logged out. Any successful login by the service partner is tracked and the timestamp data are stored within its account in the Data controller’s database as “Last login” information.
4. Registration form, located on the related subdomain service.voltia.com. It serves for creating a new account for the service partner. Registration data contains the: Name, Company, Address, Email address, Username and Password. The entered data and credentials are stored in the Data controller’s database, where account data are supplemented with a timestamp of creation, along with status information (active / inactive) and the preferred language version. Password data are stored in an encrypted way. Any newly created account is not automatically active, it needs to first be manually approved (or rejected) by the Data controller’s administrator person. The entered email address of the service partner account is used for email notifications, e.g. successful account creation, approval (activation) of the account by the administrator. None of the service portal account data is shared with 3rd parties and it is only used by the Data controller internally.
Cookies and cookies policy
- Should not continue using the Website; or
- Should learn how to opt-out of cookies.
1. What are cookies Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a Website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Website or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Website more useful to you. Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.
- to enable certain functions of the Website;
- to provide analytics;
- to store your preferences;
- to enable the delivery of advertisements and remarketing, including behavioral advertising.
3. Third-party cookies In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-party cookies to report usage statistics of the Website, deliver advertisements on and through the Website, and so on.
- Google Analytics;
- Google Ads;
- Google Tag Manager;
- Google reCaptcha
- Social plugins such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram
The Website is hosted at Websupport and uses their web hosting services, although certain supporting libraries of codes might be delivered by a third-party CDN service, such as Cloudflare. The data is stored in Slovakia.
Safer data transfer
Your personal data is securely transferred by us with the help of coding. Here we make use of the coding system TLS (Transport Layer Security) or SSL (Secure Socket Layer).
With the help of both technical and organizational measures, moreover, we secure the Website and other systems against loss, destruction, access, alteration and distribution of your data by unauthorized persons.
With each access to the Website, usage data is transmitted by the respective Internet browser and is stored in record files, the so-called server log files. The records stored in this way contain the following data: date and time of the call-up, the name of the page called up, IP address, referrer URL (URL of origin, from which you came to the websites), the quantities of data transferred, product information and the version of the browser used.
These log file data records are evaluated by us, to help us further improve our offer and the Website, as well as to make these more user-friendly, to detect and correct errors more quickly and to control server capacities. At the same time we use the log-file data records to defend the Website against attacks, e.g. in the context of so-called distributed-denial-of-service attacks, which are intended to block access to the Website by overloading it with enquiries.
Last updated: 12. 06. 2019